Tracking the FRUIT TRAIL
Experience life on a fruit farm first hand!
Take a trip to our organic fruit farm, located in Lower camp, in the lush Cumbum Valley, flanked by hills that kiss the clouds and gurgling streams, orchards, vineyards, vegetable farms and cool breezes that sweep the valley.
Day trip (Morning) 9am departure
- Take an enchanting bullock cart ride from Lower Camp through vegetable farms that are in various stages of harvest, ride over a gushing stream & past fruit orchards of mangoes, papaya’s & bananas. Fruits & vegetables are planted in rotation, so you may get to see different fruit during every season
- Take an enchanting bullock cart ride through vegetable farms that in various stages of harvest, ride over a gushing stream & past fruit orchards of mangoes, papaya’s & bananas. Fruits & vegetables are planted in rotation, so you may get to see different fruit during every season
- Arrive at Harvest Fresh Farms to a refreshing welcome of freshly squeezed juice made from handpicked organic fruit from our own orchard or sweet tender coconut water served in its shell.
- Go on a walking tour of the farm with an English speaking guide. Walk among pomegranate, papaya plantations, pluck grapes in the vineyard, watch the bees busy storing honey in the apiary, learn about carefully nurturing young saplings in the nursery, composting methods in the composting yards, talk to the cows the livestock pen, feed the chicken, ducks and other animals on the poultry farm, learn the names and medicinal uses of the plants in the specially planted herbal garden
- Climb up the watch tower for commanding views of the valley, take deep breaths of the freshest air while soaking in the sights & sounds of the valley, with the rolling hills in the distance tipped with mist, gaze at blue skies while clouds like fluffy cotton balls float past
- Settle down to a sumptuous lunch of local cuisine made from home grown or locally sourced fresh ingredients, a melange of tongue tickling flavours.
- Satiated by an unforgettable experience take the bullock cart ride back to the highway and board the vehicle back to hotel
Day tour (Afternoon) 3:30 PM departure
- Set off from your hotel at 3.30PM for Lower Camp (transfer not included in fare)
- Board a bullock cart on the highway
- Enjoy a slow bullock cart ride through lush vegetable farms, cross a gushing stream & past fruit orchards
- Arrive at Harvest Fresh Farms to a refreshing welcome of freshly squeezed juice or tea/coffee and light refreshments
- Go on a tour of the farm with an English speaking guide and see the pomegranate, papaya plantations, vineyard, the apiary, nursery, composting yards, the livestock pen, poultry farm, the herbal garden
- Climb the watch tower for commanding views of the valley
- As dusk settles over the valley sit down to delicious dinner & barbecue. Local cuisine crafted with homegrown or locally sourced fresh ingredients
- Transport back to hotel with a soulful of memories
Ride through the farm on a tractor, just like a real farmer. Weaving through the plants, over hillocks & past streams, all the while enjoying a birds eye view from atop the tractor.
The tractor has a 10 seater capacity should your family or friends want to join on this adventure.
The ride includes :
A ride around our farm, through various fruit orchards like pomegranate, papaya, passion fruit, mango, the herb garden & animal enclosures
FEE : Rs 1000/-
Duration - 30 mins
A ride around our fruit farm, through the neighbouring farms, all the way upto the Check Dam
FEE : Rs 1500/-
Duration 1 hour
Pre booking required
Day Trip without meal :- Rs. 200 Per Pax
Day Trip with meal :- Rs. 850 Per Pax
Bullockcart ride to farm on request :- Rs. 1500 per bullock cart (4 seater)
A ride around our farm, through various fruit orchards like pomegranate, papaya, passion fruit, mango, the herb garden & animal enclosures :- ( Rs 1000/- Duration - 30 mins) (10 seater)
A ride around our fruit farm, through the neighbouring farms, all the way upto the Check Dam :- ( Rs 1500/- Duration - 1 hour) (10 seater)
- Transport by air conditioned coach to Lower camp
- Bullock cart ride
- Welcome drink/tea/coffe
- English speaking guided tour of the farm
- All taxes
What’s not included
- Transport to & fro the farm
- Any personal purchases, liquor, soft drinks, tip, porterage